The Kincaid Elementary Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises funds to benefit students at Kincaid Elementary School in Marietta, Georgia.
The Foundation was established on June 16, 2010, by a group of concerned parents, teachers, and administrators. At the time, the Cobb County Board of Education was facing an unprecedented budget shortfall of more than $100 million. The shortfall would impact Kincaid students on every level – it would affect the school calendar, increase teacher-to-student ratios, delay planned facility improvements, decrease funds for teacher stipends, and reduce funds for tutoring and other specialized programs. Working together, parents, teachers, and administrators formed the Kincaid Foundation to fund needed programs and other initiatives. This was done in collaboration with Kincaid’s PTA. The Foundation was embraced by the greater Kincaid community and has been benefitting students ever since.
To provide resources to all Kincaid Elementary students so that they may receive a diverse, state-of-the- art education that fosters accelerated achievement through enhancements in curriculum, technology, and facilities. The Foundation will accomplish this through collaborations with the school administration, PTA, our families, and the community.
FOUNDATION GOALS FOR 2017-2018
- Science Lab- Continue funding salary and all supplies for the Lab
- STEM Lab- Continue funding supplies and provide a new laptop for Ms. Marchelle
- Playground Equipment- Provide basketballs for new basketball court
- Begin funding PTA programming
- Provide needed equipment updates in Science and STEM Labs
- Increase teacher stipends
- Purchase mini iPads for use in all grades