The Kincaid Elementary Foundation would not exist without our exceptional volunteers. We cannot thank them enough for all that they do. If you want to have a positive impact on your child’s future, we have a place for you.
To learn how you can help, contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEERS MUST REPORT SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE
Beginning July 1, 2012, GA law requires school volunteers to report any suspected child abuse or neglect to the Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS). If you are volunteering at Kincaid and have reasonable cause to believe a child has been abused, you must call DFCS immediately at 770/319-3700, and then notify Mrs. Mauldin or Mr. Watson that the report was made. For more information, visit the Kincaid school website at www.CobbK12.org/Kincaid. More details of this law are available at the school’s sign-in computer.
- What you need to know:
- A report is to be made immediately and in no case, later than 24 hours from the time there is a reasonable cause to believe a child has been abused.
- What if the child is in imminent danger?
- Call 911.
- As a mandated reporter, what are the next steps I must take when I suspect abuse?
- If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, make an immediate direct report to the Department of Family Children Services (DFCS) by calling 770-319-3700 or, after hours or on weekends/holidays, call 1-855-422-4453. After making this call, notify the Principal or staff member in charge of the program or facility as soon as possible that he report was made.
- Suspicion of abuse is all that is necessary to file a report.
- If you are not sure whether a report should be made, you should contact DFCS.
- The law protects you if you make a report in good faith.
- Not making a required report is a criminal offense.
- Your information can be given anonymously and will be kept confidential
- For more information, please contact one of the following:
- CCSD Department of School Social Work: 678-581-6811
- CCSD Department of Professional Counseling: 770-514-3832
- CCSD Department of Public Safety: 678-594-8620
You can also visit www.ciclt.net/sn/new/n_detail.aspx?ClientCode=gapta&N_Id=401015 for the Georgia PTA summary of this law.